Michael has years of experience counseling and representing clients in business, corporate and employment matters and environmental litigation and compliance:
- Corporate Shareholder Agreements, Asset Purchase and Sale Agreements and Stock Sale Agreements.
- Business contracts, including distribution, licensing and supply/sale agreements, construction contracts and professional services agreements.
- Employment matters, including discipline and discharge, noncompetition agreements, overtime and Wage Act issues, employee handbooks, disability accommodation, and discrimination complaints.
- Contractual issues including warranties, indemnities, and limitations of liability.
- Environmental litigation and regulatory compliance for oil and hazardous material releases (chapter 21E and CERCLA); cleanup cost recovery; counseling lenders regarding “safe harbor” provisions; and insurance coverage for environmental liability
- Petroleum supply and service station operating and lease agreements; purchase and sale agreements for service station and convenience store businesses and properties.
- Obtained judgment for employer/sole shareholder, dismissing former employee’s claim for a shareholder interest in the company.
- Sales, distribution and licensing agreements for high precision measurement devices.
- Obtained judgment for company and its chief executive officer, dismissing employee’s claims of wrongful termination.
- Recovery at trial for client of damages and attorney’s fees caused by breach of supply agreement.
- Successful actions on behalf of subcontractors and suppliers to recover for unpaid construction work/supplies.
- Recovery of costs to cleanup contamination caused by residential fuel oil releases, gasoline station releases, and historic contamination.
- Prepared and implemented environmental escrow and remediation agreements for post-closing cleanup responsibilities on sale of contaminated property.
United States District Court, District of Massachusetts
United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
Rutgers School of Law, J.D., 1979 (With Honors)
Muskingum College, B.A., 1976
Open Water/Masters Swimming